Prez Gary opened, as always, with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Thought for the Day: A life spent making mistakes is not any more honorable, but is more useful than doing nothing. -George Bernard Shaw.
Jody presented Christmas trivia… He loves Christmas! He decorated three Christmas trees in one day this year!
General trivia that we learned:
- Name 5 of Santa’s 8 reindeer
- Jimmy Stewart played the lead in It’s a Wonderful Life
- Scrooge’s dead business partner was Jacob Marley
- There were 8 maids a’milking in the 12 Days of Christmas
- Pine needles are said to be high in vitamin C
- Christmas babies have the zodiac sign Capricorn
- There were 11 pipers piping in the 12 Days of Christmas
- Kevin is left Home Alone in the city of Chicago
- Bob Cratchett was Tiny Tim’s father
Christmas Story (the movie) trivia:
- A Christmas Story took place in the 1940s
- The bully’s name is Scott Parcus
- The Parker family sings Jingle Bells while driving
Christmas Songs trivia:
- Name that song with the lyric “Round yon virgin, mother and child” – Silent Night
- “God and sinners reconcile” is from Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- “Joyful and triumphant” is from O Come All Ye Faithful
- One horse pulled the sleigh in Jingle Bells
- “O tidings of comfort and joy” is from God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Jody has magnetic Rotary pins for us, $5 each.
Saturday, Dec. 17 is Santa in Rotary Park, 1-4pm.
Christmas carolers will be here next week, and we’ll have ham with our special feast. Bring your family and friends!
Charter Night will be the last weekend of January!!
Casino Night is Feb. 25 — send Jimmy and Pete an email with the raffle prizes, etc. that you collect!!
Dean announced that he’s once again chair of the Rotary International Foundation, and will bring info as to who has not yet contributed to Every Rotarian Every Year.
Next Board meeting Monday, Jan. 9 at noon at the Mendocino Hotel.
- Ray made it back to CA from Iowa
- Dean got a new border collie, whom he introduced to sheep for the first time on Thanksgiving day by a pro sheep herder. Fascinating!!
- Kathleen is happy to have Friday and Saturday College of the Redwoods singing group concert at the Presbyterian church.
- Gary didn’t lose any money at his (canceled) poker night!
Today’s Raffle Winner:
Matt, who went for the lucky nut, and won again! The pot was up to $80, so Matt gets half and the club gets half…. unbelievable string of luck for Matt!!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.