Each year, the Mendocino Rotary Club sponsors and inbound and outbound foreign exchange students. These high school students stay with local families and enroll in Mendocino High School.
2009-10 Exchange students for Mendocino Rotary are:
- Inbound Student: Dora Mate – Hungary
- Outbound Student: Julia Harencar – Italy
Rotary International Youth Exchange sponsors more than 9000 student exchanges globally each year.
- 96% of these students successfully complete their exchanges.
- 95% of all Rotary Districts participate in the Rotary Youth Exchange Program.
- 92 countries around the world have District Chairs to support Youth Exchange.
The objectives of Rotary International Youth Exchange are:
- Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth.
- Promote world peace and cultural understanding.
- Encourage leadership, cultural exchange and language skills.
There are over 550 Rotary Districts in the world. The District Youth Exchange Committees and their Chairs develop International Partnerships—District to District—resulting in yearly student exchanges all over the globe.
District 5130 Youth Exchange is a Rotary International Certified Program that provides a diverse, high-quality exchange experience for Inbound Students from 16 countries all over the world. We only make exchange partnerships with other Rotary International Certified Districts who can assure excellent exchange opportunities for our students.
The countries we currently have exchanges with are: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and Thailand.